For the lovers of coffee and the ones who have not yet known what coffee tastes like, this article will help you get through what it takes to be a coffee lover. Well in this article I will let you know some facts and whereabouts of coffee, various kinds of coffee and some health effects caused by coffee.
Just like tea, coffee also has wide varieties which I will be discussing in this article and also what are their origins.
What is Coffee?
Coffee is a beverage often served hot or cold. Coffee is prepared with seed namely “Coffee Beans.” These coffee beans are extracted from Coffee cherries. Coffee is known as one of the most popular drinks in the world. And also coffee is second only to Petrol as the second most commonly traded commodity in the world.
Coffee is often dubbed as “the gasoline of life” because of the slightly acidic which has a stimulating effect on humans of the caffeine content present in it.
Are looking for the best coffee grinder? check our latest coffee grinders reviews.
There are five steps in making a Coffee:
- Parchment Removal
So from where does coffee come from?
Coffee was originated from Ethiopia in the African continent where coffee trees were cultivated in the monastery gardens which date back to 1,000 years ago.
Whereas, the Sufi shrines of Yemen in the fifteenth century started consuming Coffee and gave the world the evidence that Coffee is ready to drink.
Coffee Belt, Coffee is found growing in the regions of Cancer and Capricorn. This area is termed as Coffee Belt because as you notice these regions on the globe, it appears to be as a belt around your waist.
I have listed their regions mention the countries where coffee is found to be grown:
- Latin America: Guatemala, Honduras, El Salvador, Nicaragua, Costa Rica, México, Perú, Colombia, and Brazil.
- Africa: Ethiopia, Tanzania, Kenya, Burundi and Rwanda
- Asia: India, Indonesia, Vietnam and Papua New Guinea.
So these were the countries where coffee is found to be grown. Now let us discuss the types of Coffee available to drink.
Also read, Best ways to get a girlfriend in 2018
Coffee Types or flavors
When you are drinking coffee, remember that you are not just drinking a plain coffee with just milk in it. Remember that not all coffee tastes the same. Coffee is just like tea that is found in different regions and also tastes differently.There are various kinds of coffee than a regular coffee has to offer.
Find your favorite kind of coffee below and know more about it:
- Espresso: Espresso is a strong black coffee which is brewed by forcing a small amount of boiling water under pressure through finely ground coffee beans. Espresso is thicker with a high amount of caffeine contained in it and with a bit of cream present on top of it.
- Cappuccino: it is prepared with different layers firstly with espresso then a bit of steamed milk, and then the barista adds a bit of creamy texture to it. You can add chocolate shavings to give Cappuccino the final layer.
Here’s the list of the best burr grinder
Fact: Cappuccino is named after Capuchin Monks where the color of coffee resembles the robes of Monks
- Latte: A sweet and mellow flavored coffee.In short, Latte means “ Coffee Milk,” and it is made with espresso and steamed milk.
In Spanish, it goes by Café con Leche, and in French, it is called as Café Au Lait. If you prefer your coffee to be without foam, then your Latte is called as Flat white.
- Americano: An Americano is prepared by adding hot water to espresso
Fact: Americano was adopted by the American baristas after the American soldiers started consuming this during the Second World War
- Mocha: also known as Mocha Chino this is a mixture of espresso and hot steamed hot milk. Toppings of cocoa powder and syrup and sometimes with whipped cream can make anyone fall in love with this coffee.
- Irish Coffee: well Irish coffee is different from the types of coffee I mentioned above as this contains whiskey, sugar and on top a thick layer of cream.
In some countries, Irish Coffee isn’t readily available due to the alcoholic content present in it.
- Decaf: an elaborated version of Decaf is Decaffeinated Coffee. Decaf might or not contain any caffeine as 97% of caffeine is removed from the coffee beans with the help of a few techniques.
There is also a half-caf, which is made with half regular and half decaffeinated coffee.
- Cold Coffee: well almost all the coffee listed can be served chill. There is nothing like rocket science involved in preparing for a cold coffee. Lattes and Mochas are the favorite choices to drink chilled coffee.
- Nonfat coffee: With people taking their diet seriously there is this coffee which is prepared from skim milk.
- Kopi Luwak: Is a kind of coffee that includes part-digested coffee cherries eaten by Indonesian cat called “the Asian Palm Civet,” making it one of the most expensive coffee in the world. Kopi Luwak is sold for a whopping 700 US$ per kilogram.
Since coffee offers a lot in terms of flavors there are also some health effects arising when drinking coffee, here are a few of those
- Mental health
- Cardiovascular Disease
- Type II diabetes which is a long-term metabolic disorder
“Way too much coffee. But if it weren’t for the coffee, I’d have no identifiable personality whatsoever.” – David Letterman
Have a better coffee in your mind or have a few more doubts on which coffee is the best?
Mention yours in the comments section below and let’s get the discussion started.
Also read, If You Were Dying, Would Anybody Help?
- Does caffeine effect on sleep?
Sleeping patterns might be disturbed in some individuals which causes people to change their sleep timing and waking up more frequently.
- What are arabica and robusta?
Arabica and Robusta are two beans of coffee. The only difference in both of these are tastes and the conditions under which they differ in production.
- How to determine the quality of coffee?
The brew’s quality depend on the following factors:
- Time since grinding the beans.
- How long since the roasting.
- Is it cleaned with brewing equipment?
- Bean quality (what crop, etc.).
- And last the Water quality.