If a person wants to maintain their facial beauty, then they must improve the texture of their skin. Anyone can estimate your age based on the condition of your skin. The skin obviously plays a vital role in everyone’s life. The way someone looks can signify more than just their health and tell a lot more about themselves to the person they are interacting with, and it brings us to our current article about helping you improve your overall appeal.
We all know how bad whiteheads and blackheads look on our face. Obviously apart from the sudden panic of having them, there isn’t much to worry about it. This article will help you with a few tips to efficiently get rid of whiteheads. Before we get to the tips, we need to know how they occur on your skin. Whiteheads are a form of acne and occur due to the deposit of Oil and dead skin cells which clog the pores of our skin. The deposited oil swells and turns into a white pustule, which in turn results in whiteheads. Whiteheads are more common within teenagers and pregnant women due to their current hormonal state.
“The Face is the Index Of Mind”, this is a well know common proverb and for a very apparent reason.
Most of the tiny white spots that look like bumps on the skin’s surface especially around your face or chest are what is known as Whiteheads. Whiteheads is a milder form of Acne. It might be something common for anyone who has an overall oily skin. Whiteheads are also known as comedones, and are usually tiny and found pretty much all over our bodies. Sometimes they are not even visible to the naked eye.
Some of us fail to pay attention and clean our skin properly. It is the primary reason for the pores in our skin to be clogged and as a result blackheads and whiteheads are producing. Some of you may be wondering what’s the difference between blackheads and whiteheads. The primary distinction is just their appearance. Blackheads are called open comedones because they are exposed to air while whiteheads, on the other hand, are not. The result of not being exposed makes whiteheads appear white and are known as closed comedones.
What Causes Whiteheads?
Before we list the remedies to get rid of blackheads and whiteheads, we need first to understand what causes them in the first place.
In Humans, the cause of Acne(whiteheads) is usually due to the hormonal imbalance that occurs during particular stages of their life. It usually includes stages such as Puberty, Pregnancy and menstruation cycles. The hormonal changes can make their skin secrete more sebum, which in turn leads to clogging of pores. It usually results in Acne and whiteheads.
DRUGS and MEDICINES:
Consumption of prescription medicines and scheduled drugs can cause an imbalance in your hormones and react with your body in ways that can lead to the development of acne on your skin.
Most things in your body are determined by the genes you inherited from your parents and affected your body in all possible ways. Your genes also determine sebum production and this may be one of the major reasons for the whiteheads all over you face.
Certain types of food can increase the amount of acne you get. Usually Dairy, Sodium rich foods and Sugar are the ones you need to look out for it. They tend to be unhealthy for your overall health and can sometimes cause acne. If you are unsure, try cutting down on them and drinking lots water to know if this affects you.
COSMETICS and MAKE-UP:
Cosmetics and too much makeup can be one of the reasons why your skin is producing whiteheads. If you are using cosmetic products on a regular basis and it’s something that isn’t suitable for your skin, then it can result in an increase of acne formation. Try consulting a Dermatologist to make sure that you are not using anything that’s doing more harm than good.
How to get rid of Whiteheads?
The remedies listed below will help you combat the whiteheads formation problem and hopefully clear up your skin as a whole. The remedies are subdivided to help you choose one that fits your needs:
- Medical Remedies
- Home Remedies
- Proper Skin Care
Medical remedies should usually not be used without consulting a dermatologist before hand. Given that they contain chemicals that can cause an allergic reaction on your skin and are usually considered last resort to combat skin problems.
To overcome the whiteheads you can make use of salicylic cream available in the form of Ointment. Apply this ointment gently on the affected areas twice a day. This acid will help to reduce the secretion of the oil and highly effective in destroying bacteria.
Benzoyl peroxide is available in the form of the cream and it is an effective treatment for Acne problems. Benzoyl peroxide can open the pores, Which are clogged with dead skin cells and oil. This peroxide cream fights against bacteria that is present on the surface of the skin.
Retinoid creams consist of “vitamin A” minerals, which has effective remedies towards skin problems. You should apply this cream only on the affected areas, which unclogs the pores and removes whiteheads.
Before using these creams, you have to wash your face with soap or face wash. Then with the help of towel pat dry your face for about 5 to 10 minutes. Now you can apply the cream on the affected areas. After applying the cream if any irritation, skin rashes or redness occurs then you should stop using the cream and consult your doctor.
These contain some easy and straightforward tips to get rid of whiteheads with the help of ingredients found in your kitchen.
A steam facial is the best treatment for getting rid of whiteheads overnight. The steam helps open the clogged pores. It is a simple treatment, which can be done with the help of water and a bowl.
- Before doing steam facial, you must wash your face with soap and make sure your skin is clean.
- Take a bowl and boil the water.
- Let the water cool down for a few seconds.
- Cover your head with the help of a towel and get steam for 10 to 15 minutes.
- After steaming rinse your face once.
- Steaming will make your skin soft and removes the dead skin cells and the oil.
Apple Cider Vinegar:
Apple cider vinegar helps get rid of whiteheads with its antiseptic and antibacterial properties, which contributes to killing the bacteria and open the pores.
- One cup of water.
- Few cotton balls.
- One tablespoon of Apple Cider Vinegar.
- Take a bowl and mix the vinegar with water.
- Dip the cotton balls in the mixture.
- With the help of cotton balls, apply it all over the face, especially one the nose and chin.
- Dry it for 10 minutes.
- After that wash your face with warm water.
Lemon is a rich source of vitamin C and citric acid, which helps in removing the dead skin cells and oils deposited on our face. By removing these impurities from the face, it opens the clogged pores and removes whiteheads.
- Cotton balls.
- A cup of water.
- Cut the lemon into two halves and squeeze it into a bowl.
- Mix this lemon extract with water in 1:1 ratio for the solution
- Take a cotton ball and dip it in the solution.
- Gently rub that cotton ball on your face.
- Let it dry for 10 minutes.
- After that wash your face.
The alternate procedure with Lemon to get rid of whiteheads is instead of using lemon extract you can use a lemon peel to rub on your face.
You can get rid of whiteheads overnight with the help of Aloe Vera as it contains antioxidants and skin cleansing agent, which helps to fight against bacteria, Oil deposits, and dead skin cells. It is antiseptic in nature.
- Aloe Vera gel.
- Slice the lemon into two halves and squeeze it for extract.
- Mix this lemon extract with Aloe Vera Gel.
- Apply this mixture in the affected areas like on the nose & chin.
- Gently massage it for 10 min.
- Wash it off with warm water.
Tomato also has antioxidants and contains Lycopene, which is acidic in nature. This acidic nature of tomato helps to clear all the impurities deposited on our skin and get rid of white heads.
- Grind the tomato into a paste.
- Apply the paste to your entire face as a mask.
- Let it dry for 10 to 15 minute.
- Wash your face with warm water.
Egg white mask:
The egg is rich in vitamin A and nutrients, which helps remove the whiteheads by destroying the oil deposits and dead skin cells. This mask can clean your skin and even reduce wrinkles.
- One Egg.
- A bowl.
- A spoon.
- Tissue paper.
- Remove the yolk from the egg and pour the egg white in a bowl to mix it with a spoon.
- Remove your makeup by washing your face before applying the mask.
- Gently apply the Egg white as a thin layer evenly on your face with the help of finger or brush.
- Place a thin layer of tissue on your face and then apply the egg white once again.
- Let this mask completely dry off at least for half an hour.
- The mask should be peeled off in the upward direction of the face.
- Wash your face with warm water.
Skin Care cycle:
At the end of the day you might want to practice all of these habits to make your skin healthier:
- Wash your face twice a day by using a mild cleanser or face wash. So It can help you avoid whiteheads as much as possible.
- Don’t make use of harsh soap on your face, because they will produce more oil and even make your skin dry.
- Make use of a cleanser with Salicylic Acid for opening the clogged pores.
- Never squeeze the whiteheads with your hands as it may leave a permanent mark on your face.
- Change the pillow cover regularly.
- Remove your makeup before going to bed and wash your face.
- Eat lots of fruits and vegetables which are rich in vitamin E and vitamin C.
- Drink water frequently and stay hydrated.
The best and the easiest way to get rid of whiteheads and prevent it from forming is to wash your face twice a day with the help of face wash or soap.