We all know about period cramps: the nasty, painful sensation felt by so many women in the lower abdominal region either during a period or slightly before its onset.
Having suffered from period cramps, most women would ideally want their period to come on time or even slightly later than usual.
However, have you ever wanted your period to come faster than usual?
There are many reasons why a woman would want her period to arrive earlier than it is supposed to.
Here in this article, I will give you a detailed description of how to make your periods come faster.
A delay in the coming of a period can be a sign of an underlying issue in the body and can cause many problems.
Here are some of the reasons why women would want their period to come faster.
WHY MAKE PERIODS COME FASTER
- There are a lot of women who are worried that they might be pregnant. They want their period to come faster because of the fear of an unwanted or early pregnancy.
- Irregularity in the menstruation cycle causes a delay in the coming of periods which can be a sign of other health problems. To alleviate the tension of having other diseases or issues, anyone would want their period to come on time.
- Periods come in the way of daily life especially if you have an event or vacation planned. In such situations, you would want your period to come faster.
HOW TO MAKE YOUR PERIODS COME FASTER
- TAKING PILLS: – If you want your period to come faster, then you can take oral pills. These pills adjust the hormones in the body so that women can have lighter periods without experiencing much pain. However, you must take the advice of a doctor in this case otherwise the consequences could be catastrophic. Some people have claimed that crushing two aspirins in a half cup of water with some honey and sugar can also induce periods. However, there is no scientific backing for this.
- TAKE VITAMIN C RICH FOODS: – Vitamin C rich foods help to have lighter periods as they produce a special type of hormone, estrogen, in the body which controls the women monthly cycle. It causes the uterus to contract and thus causes menstrual bleeding. Because of all these qualities of foods rich in vitamin C, it is consumed by women in order to have periods before their usual time. But here the most important thing is that women who are pregnant must not consume vitamin C as it can lead to miscarriage.
3. HAVE A PROPER DIET: – Having a proper diet includes avoiding the intake of sodium as it causes fluid retention in the body. Therefore it has always been advised by doctors to take carotene-rich foods such as mustard and papaya which causes the period to come faster. One must take red meat in this case as it causes the period to come more quickly due to its heating properties. The intake of jaggery along with turmeric powder also causes the period to happen faster.
4. NATURAL HERBS: – There are many herbs in nature which make the period come faster. Herbs have been in use since ancient times due to their advanced properties in bringing lighter periods to women so that they have lesser trouble during the period. Some of the herbs are:-
a. BLACK COHOSH: – It is a medicinal herb which comes from North America and has been famous for the treatment of all kinds of problems in the female reproductive system. However, it is not used widely because it acts as a coagulant which causes heavy periods.
b. TANSY: – Tansy is a flower which is used as a menstrual stimulant responsible for lighter periods in women.
c. PARSLEY: – Parsley is also one of the herbs used as a menstrual stimulant which induces menstruation and thus causes lighter periods in women.
d. GINGER TEA: – Ginger tea helps in bringing period faster. Drinking ginger tea 2-3 times a day starts menstrual bleeding in a few days thus causing the period to come earlier than its usual time.
5. HOT COMPRESS: – Applying a hot compress in the lower abdomen region starts the menstrual cycle before its natural starting point and thus allowing the period to come faster. This can be done by dipping a clean cloth in water and then applying the warm cloth to the specified region. The temperature of the water must be taken into consideration as excess hot water can cause an adverse effect on the body. You can also take a hot bath to loosen the tension in the body. Use some scented oils or fragrances to add a relaxing touch.
6. PHYSICAL EXERCISES: – Women can do physical exercises in order to have an earlier period as the exercises increase the blood circulation in the body. One should mainly focus on the exercises which increase our metabolic rate and that target abdomen muscle.
- ROPE JUMP: – In this exercise, first of all, one should stand straight without bending their feet. The rope must be behind the ankle and then start jumping in the same standing position.
- AEROBIC EXERCISES: – This type of exercises increases the metabolic rate of the body and is also losing weight as well as gaining the perfect shape for your body.
- PUSH-UPS: – This exercise is also done to have earlier and lighter period. In this exercise, first of all, we have to lie down on our stomach and then lift the body upwards through the palms resting on the floor. The most important thing we have to consider is that our back must be straight. Then by applying force on the ground through the palms, one should go down and then up. The steps should be repeated as much as your body demands.
7. RELAXATION:- Being under a lot of stress can also cause a delay in menstruation. In order to relax the body and lessen stress, make sure to spend some time meditating or taking part in yoga. Take some time to spend time on a hobby or giving time to family and friends.
8. GET SOME SUNSHINE: – Not getting enough sunlight can cause a deficiency of Vitamin D. Deficiency of this vitamin can result in problems in the functioning of the parathyroid gland which directly affects the release of hormones such as estrogen and progesterone. These hormones are essential for the normal working of the reproductive system. Therefore, get an adequate amount of sunlight, i.e., around 15 minutes a day.
ADVANTAGES OF HAVING EARLIER PERIOD
Having earlier periods has many benefits. It slows down the aging process and improves our mood and appearance. Menstruation is a natural cleanser as it removes bacteria and toxins from the body. It also helps in releasing frustration and anger. Menstruation is also helpful in the prevention of some of the harmful diseases.
Also read, HOW TO TREAT INFECTED NIPPLE PIERCING
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTION AND ANSWERS
Q1. WHAT MUST ONE DO TO GET RELIEF FROM HORRIBLE PAIN DURING PERIOD CRAMPS?
You should follow a low-fat diet rich in fruit and vegetables in order to have a relatively pain-free period. Engaging in some light exercise during your period can also help. A hot compress over the abdominal area can help reduce the pain. If the pain is too much, you can pop a painkiller such as Advil to get rid of the pain. Consult a doctor if the pain goes on for a long time.
Q2. ARE MENSTRUAL CRAMPS NORMAL AFTER A HYSTERECTOMY?
After a hysterectomy, there is no uterus, so there is no chance of having a period or a period cramp.
Q3. WHAT FOOD SHOULD WE EAT FOR MENSES CRAMPS?
Generally, having a diet that is low in fat and rich in vegetables and fruit is great for menstrual cramps. A vegetarian diet has been shown to help with cramps.
Some foods that can help with menstrual cramps are:
- Meats such as salmon and red meat such as steak
- Ginger tea
- Green leafy vegetables such as kale, spinach, and broccoli
- Chocolate, especially dark chocolate
- Probiotic yogurt
Q4. HOW LONG DOES A PERIOD LAST ON AN AVERAGE?
On an average, a period usually lasts from 2 to 7 days. The first two days are generally the ones with the heaviest flow. The length of the period changes from woman to woman. Some factors that affect the length of the period are stress, physical activity, medication, genetics, etc.