Women’s footwear comes in myriad designs, styles, varieties, colors, and makes. They can make or break your entire look. The biggest challenge most women face is to team up with the right shoes, clothing, and the appropriate occasion.
Table of Contents
- A Style Guide to the Different Footwear That You Should Have In Your Closet and How to Style Them Well
- Some Additional Tips to Match Your Shoes
- What to Think About Before Selecting Your Footwear?
- Where to Buy Women’s Shoes From?
- Final Take
Here is a style guide for women’s shoes that would help them customize their shoes to get the right look and make them stand out in every event or environment, be it in the office, at your workplace, or for a leisure outing with family or friends.
A Style Guide to the Different Footwear That You Should Have In Your Closet and How to Style Them Well
Ballerinas, or Simply Bellies-
- Women ballerinas are shoes that are closed around the toes and generally come in a ‘U’ shape or are slightly pointed, with no heels.
- They look best when teamed with skirts, dresses, jeans, and even kurtas.
- You can wear them to the office, college or even on your shopping excursions.
- These are open footwear, having a sole, and held to the foot with the help of straps. They come with or without heels.
- They are best teamed with sarees, jeans, and skirts.
- You can wear them with any casual wear, to the office or college.
Loafers and Slip-Ons-
- These are typically low, lace-less shoes with soft and flexible soles. The upper part of these shoes is generally embellished with beads or is embroidered.
- These look best with jeans, formal skirts, trousers and even dresses.
- You can wear them to the office, and with casual clothing.
- These are super high-heels shoes, with heels that go up to 8-10 inches.
- They can be worn with dresses, jeans, skirts, kurtas, and salwars.
- They are meant for special occasions and celebrations.
- These are shoes with long and narrow heels which are less than two inches.
- They look best with formal wear, skirts, jeans, trousers, and dresses.
- They are perfect for wearing to the office, on dates, and even to college.
- These are enclosed shoes with heels, and the front end generally tapers into a point.
- They can be teamed with dresses, skirts, jeans, and trousers.
- These make for great formal wear.
- As the name suggests, these shoes have an opening around the toes with only the big and the second toe visible.
- They go well with kurtas, jeans, salwars, skirts and dresses.
- They can be worn to college and pulled off for casual and formal occasions.
- These shoes have triangular heels that run through the length of the footwear
- They can be worn with skirts, dresses, kurtas, jeans and salwars
- They go well with casual and formal outfits
- These are soft shoes made of flexible rubber or synthetic material sole, and the upper part is made either of leather or any other synthetic material.
- They look best with jeans and mini skirts.
- They are worn most when going to movies, shopping or jogging.
- These have a flat sole, and the upper part has a colourful fabric with various embellishments.
- They are worn mostly with salwars, kurtas and even lehengas.
- These can be teamed with attires for casual occasions and ethnic celebrations.
Some Additional Tips to Match Your Shoes
- Match your footwear with your dress’s colour or the bag you carry.
- Make sure you wear the right kind of shoes with the right attire. For example, you cannot wear juttis with formal skirts. Similarly, you cannot wear boots with lehengas.
- Pair your accessories well with your shoes. You cannot carry an ethnic bag with formal shoes.
- Keep in mind the occasion you are pairing your footwear with your dress. You cannot wear stilettos to the office, and you cannot wear women slippers to a wedding.
What to Think About Before Selecting Your Footwear?
Selecting the right footwear would depend on several factors, including comfort, size and quality. You need both style and comfort when grabbing an attractive pair of shoes for yourself. What you need to ensure the most while choosing the right footwear is:
- How comfortable are they
- The artistry and quality
- Whether they match the shape of your foot or not
- Are they versatile or not
- Whether they are weather-friendly or not
Where to Buy Women’s Shoes From?
Whether you want women’s ballerinas or women’s slippers, the best and most convenient way of shopping for footwear is through an online portal like Snapdeal, rather than hopping physically from one store to another.
The benefits of shopping for women’s shoes from Snapdeal are:
- You get every variety, make, style and colour of shoes, all under one roof.
- You can choose from a wide collection of the latest branded footwear.
- The quality, pricing and services offered by Snapdeal are exemplary.
- There are easy return and refund options.
- You can make online payments through secure payment gateways or pay cash-on-delivery.
- There are plenty of discounts and offers prevalent on women’s footwear almost year-round on this online shopping portal.
- You can shop from the comforts of your home, right from your digital gadgets, with a few clicks on them.
Fashion is all about how confidently you carry yourself in the shoes and clothes you are most comfortable in. So, shop for women’s shoes through dil ke deals and wear your style with confidence and elan.