Hated it but happened to all of us; the accidental deleting of files from the recycle bin, a location where deleted files get stored.
Recycle bin has been a prominent application on the Windows operating software since Windows 95. Data that is erased from the system is transferred to the recycle bin almost immediately. These files continue to remain in the bin until the files are deleted from the recycle bin.
Albeit, in the newer version of the operating software, the Recycle Bin icon is hidden. You have to go to the settings and make this icon visible if you are not able to view it.
IS IT POSSIBLE TO DELETE A FILE WITHOUT SENDING IT TO THE RECYCLE BIN?
It is possible to delete a file without moving it to the recycle bin. Here is how you can do it:
- Select the folder you wish to delete and with a single left click on the folder icon.
- Press “SHIFT” key followed by the “DELETE” key.
- You will now receive a pop-up notification asking confirmation to delete the selected folder from your computer permanently.
- Lastly, Click “OK,” and your folder will be forever removed from the system.
DOES THE RECYCLE BIN DIFFER IN WINDOWS 7 AND WINDOWS 10?
The recycle bin does not differ in both the versions of Windows 7 and Windows 10 software. However, you sometimes might not find a few icons on the desktop.
Apparently, it is the Recycle Bin icon that is always missing from the desktop. The Recycle Bin icon can be made visible by changing the icon settings from the menu.
HOW TO RETRIEVE FILES FROM THE RECYCLE BIN?
Files that have not been permanently deleted can only be retrieved. After a folder is removed from a drive, it first gets stored in the recycle bin. This aforementioned folder will remain in the system unless deleted from the recycle bin.
Here’s how you can do it:
- To retrieve a file, double click on the “Recycle Bin” from the desktop.
- Select the folder by hitting the right click button on your mouse.
- You will then receive a pop up with a drop-down along with one of the options saying “Restore.”
- Click on “Restore” and your file will be restored in the destination folder.
HOW TO UNDO AN EMPTY RECYCLE BIN?
It is easy to recover files deleted from the Recycle Bin. Retrieving lost data from the Recycle Bin back into the system is referred to as Recycle Bin recovery. There are two conventional methods to retrieve multiple files from the recycle bin. The first procedure involves extracting data without installing an application.
Obtaining data without the use of an application can be accomplished by using the tools that have been pre-installed in the software. The second method consists of the installation of an application to retrieve files. Let us discuss both these procedures in detail.
WHAT HAPPENS IF YOU ACCIDENTALLY DELETE RECYCLE BIN?
Recycle bin is a pre-installed application available on the Windows operating software that can’t be removed. It is a built-in tool that cannot be deleted.
However, as we said, the software can also be hidden from the desktop. So when people say they have “accidentally” deleted Recycle Bin from their desktop, what it actually means is they’ve just removed the icon from the desktop.
The icon can be resuscitated to the desktop by altering the icon settings on the desktop.
We often delete files from the recycle bin and want it to be restored. But once the files are deleted from the recycle bin, we do realize that the files are now lost forever. One easy way to recover files that have been deleted is as follows-
RECOVERING FILES USING SYSTEM APPLICATIONS.
Lost files from the recycle bin can be recovered using the following 5 steps:
- Download the Disk Drill for Windows application and run. Make sure the application that you install is compatible with the current version of windows software.
2. Once the application is installed, allow the computer to analyze all the storage locations and drives on your PC. The primary storage location for your computer is the C drive. Other storage locations include E, F, G, and so on. Select the drive where the file was previously stored and recover if the file is found.
3. Depending on the drive size, the application will take a few minutes to recover all the files. Once the list of deleted files appears, search for the deleted file and click on the “Recover” option.
4. When you recover the file, make sure it’s destination is different from the one it was stored in previously.
5. Once the file and the destination folder has been finalized, it will take some time for the file to recover. For a larger file that is more than 500MB or a GB, it could take longer.
THE BOTTOM LINE
Often, at times, we tend to delete everything present in the recycle bin without scrolling through the contents. I recall having to be annoyed and whining over deleting a document or a file. It is essential that the data restored should not be malicious, containing a threat to the computer.
Alternate use of Recycle bin is that it can also help a user store data and documents instead of hiding drives and folders. Files that are deleted are not necessarily lost forever; also they aren’t that easy to recover too.
Hope we answered all of your questions, if not, then feel free to add them in the comments section below.