Do you use Headphones just for listening to music? Be it a classic from The Beatles or any of A.R. Rahman’s work; wouldn’t you wish to get the right one for yourself? Everyone wants a pleasant and enjoyable experience when it comes to the rhythm, melody, treble and the bass. Then why play it harsh to your ears while gaming? You are what you play, but gaming is not just about you moving your cursor and taking help of your keyboard for cheats.
Hang on! Where is the experience that you are looking for? With innovations at its best, you can experience the games in reality, with the help of VR glasses and the gaming consoles that we have, you are left with a wide range of choices to choose from.
Well, not all Headsets might be under your budget, but going by the experience that a gamer would want, I have come up with a list which I found to be the best for gaming.
But what is a wireless gaming headset and what are the things that people generally see while purchasing it? In this article, I will give you a detailed description of all these things along with the best wireless gaming headsets for you.
WHAT IS A WIRELESS HEADSET?
Anything which can be used remotely or something which can be used without wires is wireless technology. It is a combination of headphone along with a microphone, which provides the same functionality as that of a telephone; however, our hands are free while using headsets. It is due to this feature only that today it is replacing telephones and generally we see people using headphones to talk.
The main difference between a telephone and a headset is that a telephone uses 150-ohm loudspeakers with a narrow frequency range while the headset uses a 32-ohm loudspeaker with a broader frequency range. Today, these headsets have changed the scenario and people who are having electronic gadgets in their hand, plug their headset into their device and then do their work, such as talking, watching a movie or playing a thrilling game.
While plugged, these headsets take us to a new world, a world full of entertainment, thrill, and excitement. The great sound quality of these headsets is an added advantage to its features, and a majority of the youth are exclusively attracted to this special feature.
HOW TO CHOOSE THE BEST GAMING HEADSET
There are many features which a user wants to see in a headset, and if those features are missing, then it’s better to avoid that particular headset. Here are some of the features, which people look out for, while purchasing headsets.
- COMFORTABLE: – It’s the main feature which people search for in every headphone. The headphone which is not felt to be comfortable while wearing is disregarded by the public.
- IS IT COMPATIBLE?: – The headphone which we are going to buy must be compatible with the gaming platform in which we are going to use it. There are headphones which work on a particular gaming platform and not on others, which are often preferred by the people.
- WIRELESS HEADSET: – A wireless headset is more advantageous than a wired headset. In a wireless headset, there are no wires and there is no chore of working with it. It is far more proficient than a wired headset and is getting even better with passing years. These days, the wireless headsets are most widely used in playing thrilling and exciting games.
- SOUND QUALITY: – The gaming headset must have a good sound quality and it is one of the most important features of a headset, which attracts a large number of people towards it.
Also read, Top Home Security Gadgets Of 2016
Top 10 wireless headsets for gaming
The above-mentioned features are the attracting points for the public. Here are the best wireless gaming headsets having all these features.
1) Logitech G933
I enjoyed while gaming both on my PC as well as on PS4. The Logitech G933 offers a lot regarding build quality and keys on the headsets makes it even more comfortable for gaming.
- Customize the lights: With the G933 you can change the light of the strip and the logo. You can select from up to 16.8 million colors. All you have to do is use the Logitech Gaming Software to set the perfect color for your environment. Lights can be turned off anytime.
- G-Keys: With G-Keys you can assign each button to perform a specific task. There are three keys which you can choose individually, to skip a song, or to activate push to talk or to trigger instant game command. You can assign the respective function for each of these 3 keys, in different combinations.
- Multiple Source Audio Mixing: You can plug up to 3 devices at the same time. With the USB mix, you can add up to two additional devices.
- You can use it to answer calls and play the game at the same time.
- 2.4 GHz. Wireless or Wired: With G933, you get 12 hours of battery backup, without lighting and 8 hours of battery backup with lighting.
- Noise Cancelling Mic: Mic has a LED light to check whether your mic is mute or not. When the mic is not in use, you can fold them back, and hence it will not be visible.
The Cost of this headset is about 90$. If you like to use your Headset for multiple purposes, then I would recommend you to go for this.
2) ASUS ROG STRIX
The ROG STRIX is a flagship headset manufactured by ASUS. This one comes with the great build quality and some grand design. STRIX is big and made up of plastic. An owl-like design appears when it is folded. ROG also stands for Republic of Gamers.
So let’s take a look at its features and then you can make your decision.
- Battery: With the 900mAh battery, it provides you with 10 hours of charge and nonstop gaming experience,
- Detachable Mic: The Mic if not in use can also be detached, which makes your gaming experience more comfortable.
- Multiple uses: ROG STRIX lets you connect four devices at once, allowing you to connect wirelessly with PC and PlayStation 4. Also, with the 3.5 mm jack, you can connect PlayStation devices, mobile phones, tablets, and Mac devices.
- 7.1 Virtual Surround Sound: With this cutting edge technology you can hear every gunshot fired at you and get over the opponents. You can change the audio quality by creating your audio profile which suits you as per the game.
Cost: 118.79 USD
Also read, LIST OF BEST TRACFONE SMARTPHONES OF 2018
The Razer Man O War is on a much higher side when compared to the previous headphones, which I mentioned earlier, considering the price. Even though it was launched in 2016, Razer Man O’War still makes it to the list, as heavy gamers are recommending it all around the world.
- 2.4 GHz technology: With this technology, you get a high audio quality, along with a 12+2 meter range quality.
- Ear Piece: The earpiece is covered with supple foam and sheeted leather, that is comfortable to your ears. It also comes with a LED lightning, that dances to the effect of the game.
- Synapse Software: With the Synapse Software, you can optimize the settings of the sound, which you feel while playing the game.
- Quick Controls: With the buttons on the microphone you can adjust the setting of your microphone without troubling your game.
- Microphone Boom: You can adjust the microphone in any direction and can pull them out anytime. Also, you can position them as per your requirement.
The Razer Man O’War costs about 157.99$. Make sure you buy the right one as there is a wired one available as well.
4)Turtle Beach Ear Force Elite Z300
The Turtle Beach is only for the Xbox gamers. It features curvy and elegant construction; the green layered body is pleasant to your eyes, with sporting looks being the same as that of Xbox.
- Superhuman Hearing: With this setting, you can hear the enemy’s footsteps and approaching vehicles, while playing the game. This one’s an exclusive feature from Turtle Beach.
- Dynamic Chat Boost: this option provides you with dual boomless mics and helps you in communicating with your teammates in a crystal clear manner. During gameplay spikes, this automatically increases the volume.
- Magnetic Charging Stand: You can quickly charge your headset and keep it on the stand, when not in use.
- Active Noise Cancellation: You can eliminate any unwanted sound of distraction, which causes a disturbance during gaming.
Cost: 198.04 USD
5)Corsair Void Pro RBG
Void Pro RGB provides you with great comfort and an exceptional gaming experience. As the name suggests, it comes with 16.8 million to choose from, which sets the perfect look for your gamer face.
- Crystal Clear Microphone: New Unidirectional noise canceling Microphone with LED mute indicator
- CORSAIR Utility Engine: With this software, you can change the color of the lights with numerous color options available.
- Wireless Audio with up to 40 feet and up to 16 hours of battery life.
- Neodymium Speaker: this 50mm speaker brings gaming to life with wide range and accuracy
- Discord Certified: This certifies that your headset has been tested and an evaluated for crystal clear communication and outstanding sound
6) SteelSeries Arctis 7
This simple fabric coated headset does offer a lot when it comes to design and sound quality. The SteelSeries Arctis 7 was voted as the Best wireless gaming headset of 2017, but still, I feel that it had to make it in my list.
Here is why it had to,
- 2.4 GHz Wireless: You get to hear the audio within the range of 40 feet and with 24-hours battery life.
- ClearCast Mic: The Mic delivers studio-quality voice clarity and background noise cancellation.
- S1 Speaker Drivers with DTS Headphone X: with 7.1 surround sound the Arctic 7 provides you with the best gaming experience
- Ski Goggle Headband: The simple velcro adjustments to the dial in the perfect stretch. This does come in all shape and sizes.
Cost: 139.96 USD
7) Razer Thresher Ultimate
Razer Thresher Ultimate comes in two variants the PlayStation 4 and The Xbox one. This headset comes with Dolby Digital and Dolby headphone technology. The Razer Thresher Ultimate has a lag-free audio immersion and undisputable comfort. Powered with leather ear cushions, this fits perfectly against your head.
All said and done, take a look at its features.
- Control Buttons: mute mic/speaker and control volume all on the go
- Battery: You can use the headphone for up to 16 hours just with a single charge
- Digital Microphone: A microphone that lets you connect with your teammates even when there is a lot of disturbance.
- Base station: The base station wireless receiver allows you to switch quickly between your console and PC.
Cost: 249.99 USD
8) HyperX Cloud Flight
The Cloud Flight is the first gaming headset from HyperX. Cloud mentions that this headset can fit into anyone’s gaming needs.
- In-line audio control: It saves your time while changing volumes and also muting through consoles.
- Ear Pads: Choose between leather and velour cushions to suit your ears comfortably
- Advanced audio control box: Advance USB audio control with built-in digital signal processing(DSP) which amplifies your audio and voice
- Pro-Gaming: Optimized with closed cup design for passive noise cancellation
- Detachable noise-cancellation microphone: Remove it when you are just listening to music.
Cost: 159.99 USD
9) SteelSeries Siberia 840
The Siberia 840 is an upgrade to the H wireless series. Although the price is slightly higher when compared to the previous editions. This one is best compatible even when used on a daily basis. The con is that it is a bit heavy when compared to others and overpriced for its features with No noise canceling Mic.
- OLED transmitter: delivers complete audio control and charges included swappable headset batteries
- 7.1 Surround Sound: With Dolby Surround Sound on PC
- Controls: On-ear convenient controls to adjust audio settings, volume and mute
- 2.4 GHz Wireless Audio: An Audio with up to 40 feet range and more than 20 hours of battery life.
Cost: 243.99 USD
10) Astro A40 TR
These ones are for those who are sportsmen, athletes, content creators, streamers and game developers. A40 operates as an open back headset with a swappable precision mic and customizable speaker tags.
- ASTRO Audio: optimized by ASTRO audio engineers and pro gamers
- Superior Fit & Finish: premium materials and construction, highly adjustable and lightweight
- There is a Y splitter that splits the single connection into 2 (pink and green plugs), so it can work on a PC without a unified input jack.
Cost: 199.99 USD
Q1. What is the BEST wireless headsets for PC and PS3?
There are many headsets for this but I think the Logitech Gaming headset would be the best one.
Q2. Why are gaming headsets mono?
The gaming headsets are not mono, rather they are stereo headphones. Mono headphones are for telephone operators and not for gamers.
Q3. Which headphone is currently best for gaming?
I would recommend you to go with the Logitech G933, as there is much more precision when compared to others with the build quality it has to offer.
Q4. How to connect headphones with Bluetooth on Xbox 360?
- Plug your wireless headset into the console to install the latest headphone drivers. You will need to be connected to Xbox Live to do this step.
- Make sure that your headset is charged, which can be done by directly plugging it into the unit. If you charge your headset through the console, it will connect most of the time automatically. If they don’t connect automatically, turn on your console first and switch the headset so that it is in Xbox mode.
- Press the power button for two seconds until it flashes green. You should then hear a start-up sound, and when you hear that, press the connect button for two seconds.
- After you release that button, press and release the connect button on the console within 20 seconds or the connection will not be made. The green lights will flash three times to let you know the connection was a success.