Learn To Treat Infected Nipple Piercings
You have seen many youths piercing their body parts in order to be observed by the people walking along with them. Recently one of my friends got his ears pierced and was very happy about it, but after some days he started feeling pain in his ears. He went to the doctor and further he was prescribed the medicines in order to get relief from infected piercing pain. The main thing that comes from this incident is before piercing your body parts one must, first of all, consult the doctor otherwise the consequences would be catastrophic. Here, I am with this article I will mainly focus on nipple piercing which is most common among any other piercing of body parts. The article will give you a detailed description of its symptoms, causes, and treatment and if you are planning to pierce your nipple you must, first of all, read this.
WHAT IS BODY PIERCING?
Before further moving on the topic we must first know that what is piercing. Body piercing basically means the cutting of specific part of the body in order to fit the jewels in that particular part. The reasons for piercing is not specific. Some Pierce for religious and spiritual works while some for their own needs and some just wants them to be observed by other people walking along with them. There have been many records made by the people in piercing their whole body, and the new records are on the line to be made. Talking about the history of body piercing it has rarely been discussed, but the records say that it was very much popular during the Gupta period where the piercing was done in the genital areas to avoid any sexual interaction. It became more popular during the 1960s when Malloy marketed it around the world.
Nipple piercing means the piercing of the centre part of the nipple with piercing done at any angle. In recent years it has become most popular among the girls who do this either for their own needs or sometimes to show off. But the most important thing that came here is that what type of jewellery are best suited for piercing. It is generally advised by the piercer to wear the jewellery made up of steel as it does not cause any skin complications as caused by nickel. Further, the size also matters, and it is often advised that one must wear the long jewellery as straight and bent shaped jewellery causes swelling of the nipple.
CAUSES OF NIPPLE PIERCING
There have been many causes of the pain after piercing the nipple, but from the detailed study, it has been found that these two are the main reasons behind the pain.
1. SELECTION OF JEWELRY: – The material of which the piercing material is made up of is the main thing that must be kept in mind before proceeding on. The professionals suggest that the ring made up of steel is the best one for piercing the nipple as it does not cause any skin problems but we are least bother about it and wear any kind of rings irrespective of the harmful effects which it would cause on our body. The rings made up of nickel is considered to be more dangerous as it causes many skin problems which further goes on increasing the pain.
2. SIZE OF JEWELRY: – It is also neglected by the people, but it has to be considered while piercing. The size must be long as straight and bent shaped materials causes swelling of the nipple which further causes the healing tissues to die- a process known as necrosis.
Other causes are the exposure of nipple to the body saliva and the wearing of the tight clothes which causes itching in the pierced region. The itching causes us to regularly touch that part which causes harmful microorganisms to enter the body further causing many serious problems.
Also read, How To Get Rid Of Itchy Back Rashes
SYMPTOMS OF NIPPLE PIERCING
Symptoms are anything which is shown up if suffering from any serious problem. The symptoms of nipple piercing include:-
- REDNESS AND EXCESSIVE PAIN: – The pierced region becomes red and causes excessive pain in that region.
- LYMPH: – This is the most common symptom of piercing where the body starts secreting lymph from the pierced part. Lymph is very much similar to blood plasma but it does not contain red blood cells, and the most important function of lymph is that it picks up the bacteria and destroy them in the lymph nodes.
- ITCHING: – The wounded causes excessive itching which further adds to the problem and causes rashes.
- ODOR: – Bad smell starts coming from the piercing site.
- FEVER: – One of the main cause of piercing is the fever. As more lymph is continuously being secreted from the body due to piercing, our body will be unable to destroy the pathogens thus weakening our immune system making us feel fatigue.
- HEMATOMA: – Hematoma is the collection of blood outside the blood vessels due to some injury. It appears on the piercing site which has to be taken under medical considerations.
TREATMENT OF NIPPLE PIERCING
- One should eat healthy and nutritious food, drink plenty of water and take a good sleep. All these things boost your immune system and provide you with the energy to do the work.
- One must avoid using the creams as instead of curing it; it increases the problem. Creams available in the market contains harmful chemicals which further causes reddening and itching at the pierced site.
- One must regularly clean the ring and the area at least three times a day. Here the most important thing that has to be kept in mind is that before touching the pierced region one must wash his hands to avoid the entrance of harmful microorganisms in the body.
- Soak the pierced region with warm water as it kills all the pathogens residing at the pierced site. The cloth must be soaked with warm water and then only apply it on the pierced site.
- One can also go with natural treatment. One can apply Neem leaves paste on the affected area.
- One must daily soak the pierced site with salt water.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTION AND ANSWERS
Q1. WHY DO WOMEN GET THEIR NIPPLES PIERCED?
Women are more sensitive to their nipples. But according to custom, only men can do custom so to point out that there is no difference between men and women they go for a piercing.
Q2. HOW SHOULD ONE CARE FOR NEWLY PIERCED NIPPLE?
One must wash the nipple with antibacterial soap and also rinse the pierced material at least three times a day. One must avoid the use of any chemicals on the pierced site.