Are you interested in selling your product or brand on Flipkart?. If you said yes then here is a Step-by-Step complete guide to help you become a successful seller in Online Marketing and Trading in India.
In this Modern world, when a Merchant wants to start a small business there arises a big question. Whether to conduct it Online or Offline. The fact that India has one of the largest e-portal in the world for trade & commerce provides everyone a huge opportunity to get into retail. There are plenty of Online-Market places like Flipkart, Amazon, e-bay, shop clues, etc. for you to get into and we would be happy to guide you in how to get on Flipkart today.
Flipkart has been around for seven years and today it is one of the India’s Largest Online Retailers today. It started up in Bangalore and has got many favorite Sellers for the online shoppers. Flipkart sells more than 70 categories of products, such as Baby care, toys, games, books, accessories, dress materials, electronics, home appliances, etc. We hope this complete guide will help us explain to you in detail about “How To Sell On Flipkart.”
Why to Sell On Flipkart?
Flipkart is now a Market Leader as becoming on of India’s Online Megastore. It provides a huge platform for sellers. The reason and advantages to selling on Flipkart have to a lot with overcoming the following drawbacks of getting into retail.
Let me draw the picture for a small explanation:
If you want to start a business with a little capital and are considering to open a small Offline Shop. Then the priority is to choose a locality for your new shop. The shop needs to be located in such a way that the area should be a NonResidential area or commercial area. The main reason to select your shop in a commercial area is to draw many customers who are usually there to shop. So this makes your shop will be visible to every walking by. With a small capital, if you want to attract customers towards your shop then need to advertise, Interior decorate your shop for attraction and maintain it on a day to day basis. Even after doing all those things, approximately how many people will even visit your offline store daily? Well, you can never be sure. The majority of individuals who visit your store probably resides in your shop’s locality which you may consider a good thing but is awful for business. In this Offline shop, the store has time to conduct business; You need to pay labor charges for the workers working in your shop, pay a monthly rent for the shop, etc.
If you are opening a garments shop, then you can only sell clothes. Which may include all kinds of dresses but an Offline Shop is restricted to selling only one kind of product, in this case, a Garments shop will probably not sell stationery items because no one wandering into it expects you to(I mean you could but you really shouldn’t). Even to sell related things such as shoes or accessories you need to create divided sections in your already encumbered shop. To overcome this drawback and sell multiple kinds products at a time you can use of Flipkart even as a secondary marketplace.
Flipkart is an Online Megastore, where the website is online 24x7x365. So you can sell your products at any time. Flipkart will also increase your product’s reach because your product will be visible to all the customers who resides even in the furthest corners of the country. To make this point crystal clear, If a person who lives in Delhi or any other city wants to buy your product he will be able to buy through Flipkart. It increases the sales for your product when compared to your Offline Shop. You will also be able to sell as many products as you want in Flipkart disregarding the type as it sets no limit.
How To Deliver Your Products To Your Flipkart Customer?
The next question you may have is How to deliver it to the customer who resides in the distant corners of the country. It is made simple with the help of Flipkart. You don’t need to go out searching for a courier as Flipkart will take care of the whole process. The only thing you need to do is neatly pack your product and keep it ready for dispatching. Even the materials which are required for packing like Packing wrappers, tape everything, will be provided to you by Flipkart. The Flipkart dispatchers will come to your place and get your packed products and deliver it to the required customers. So with the help of this marketplace, your business is made simple, and your profits are significantly increased.
E-Commerce Getting Huge Growth In India
This Online retailing is made possible through the enormous growth in global technology in India. It has allowed us to communication and collaborated with one who lives beyond Borders. The exponential growth of Internet has paved the way for E-Commerce. Electronic Commerce is a process where Business is carried out through an Electronic Medium like Internet. E-Commerce also helps the customers to buy and sell their products quickly.
The main requirements for practicing Online Retailing from the seller needs an Internet connection. It helps you provide a clear picture of your to be displayed on Flipkart for the customer to make a purchase.
How To Sell on Flipkart?
It’s easy to start selling on Flipkart. Everything you need to do is to follow these three simple steps:
- At very first you need to Create an account with Flipkart.
- Verification of your business.
- Start Selling on Flipkart.
1: Becoming a Seller on Flipkart / Creating An Account
A person who is Interested in selling his/ her product on Flipkart must first become a member with Flipkart. Before deciding to sell on Flipkart, you need to be sure regarding having these mandatory documents like a PAN card, VAT/TIN Number, Bank Account number, a Canceled Cheque and an Address Proof for becoming a seller with Flipkart.
It is very simple to join in Flipkart, all you need to do is to follow all these steps:
- Go to seller.flipkart.com for registration
- Enter your E-Mail ID and Mobile number in “Register Today.”
- Click on “START SELLING” button.
- Enter the following details on account creation page:
-4.1: Enter you full name.
-4.2: Enter your Pin Code.
-4.3: Select your Product Categories from the drop down list.
-4.4: Now create a new password for Flipkart seller account.
-4.5: Type the below-mentioned letters in the box.
- Click on the Submit Button.
- Verify your E-mail address by clicking on the verification link in your E-mail from Flipkart.
- Then provide your contact details and primary product type.
- Fill in your Business details like PAN and TIN.
- Enter your Bank details.
- Enter your Display Name and the Description of your Business.
- Click on save and continue button.
Thus, you have completed your registration with Flipkart. On the welcome page upload the required documents.
2: Verification of your Business
The mandatory documents are listed below:
- Business Entity
- Tax Registration
- Bank Account
Business Registration is something the Seller should provide as in Business related document papers and Information during the Flipkart Registration Process. It helps to verify if you are legally allowed to practice a trade.
Depending upon the documentation the Business is registered in the following categories:
- 1: Individual/Sole Proprietorship.
- 2: Private Limited Company.
- 3: LLP (Limited Liability Partnership) / Partnership Firm.
- 4: Trust and Foundation.
1: Selling on Flipkart as an Individual
A sole proprietorship is perceived to the business where an Individual decides to sell the products on his/her name in Flipkart. The drawbacks of being an individual seller in Flipkart are they can only afford a small bank loan to a particular limit. It is not easily transferable, and it does not offer LLP to the seller. You will not be able to join any new Partners.
Documents to be provided if you choose Sole Proprietorship
- Passport of the seller
- PAN card
- Voter’s ID
- Driving License
- Statement of bank accounting registered in Flipkart payment gateway.
- Letter from a recognized public authority or public servant verifying identity.
- Signed declaration on the Business letterhead stating that the person who owns and manages the Bank account held in the Name of the Business.
ADDRESS PROOF REQUIRED
- At very first telephone number required.
- Electricity Bill
- Bank Account Statement
- Letter from an employer
- Ration Card
- Lease agreement
- Public servant verifying identity
2: Selling On Flipkart as a Private Limited Company
One of the best methods of becoming a seller in Flipkart is as a Private Limited Company, which provides more benefits when compared to other business entities like easy transferable, ability to take partners, Limited Liability Protection to Promoters and quick sale up operation.
- A copy of the Certification of Incorporation of Private Limited Company.
- Copy of Memorandum of Association
- Company PAN Card
- Company Telephone Bill
- Company Electricity Bill
- Lease or rental agreement
3: Selling On Flipkart as an LLP or Partnership Firm
The other way of becoming a seller in Flipkart is as a Partnership Firm. To start a partnership business/firm, you must register a Limited Liability Partnership. Which provides the benefits of Limited liability protection, easily transferable, separate legal entity and other documents required to become a Flipkart seller quickly.
- LLP Incorporation Certificate.
- Partnership Deed
- PAN card of the LLP or Partnership Firm
- Partnership firm to transact business on its behalf
- Partners holding the Power of Attorney with their photographs.
- Firm / Partner’s Telephone Bill
- Firm/ Partners Electricity Bill
- Lease or rental agreement
- Company Electricity Bill
- License Agreement
- Person holding the Power of Attorney with their photographs.
4: Selling On Flipkart as a Trust And Foundation
You can sell in Flipkart in the name of Trust And Foundation. You should provide all the documents above but in the name of the Trust or Foundation like Trust address, Trust Legal Identity.
As tax is collected by all the service providers when they make taxable retail sales. Sales taxes could include state, country and local taxes. . Tax Registration and Bank Account should be in the Name of the Business.
The Following Documents are required
- Business Name
- PAN card
- Bank Account Name
- Bank Account Number
- IFSC Code of Bank
Some of you newcomers may be confused by what some of these abbreviations mean. Don’t worry we will quickly cover it down below others are free to jump to the next heading.
PAN stands for Permanent Account Number. Which is a unique ten-digit number, issued by the Income Tax Department in the form of a Laminated Card to any “person” who applies for it. It acts as an Identity Proof. This PAN number is required in many activities such as opening an account, trading, receiving the salary.
TIN stands for Taxpayer Identification Number, which is a unique Eleven Digit number the TIN indicates state code wherein it been issued. Other nine digit of TIN differs by state governments. The tin number is used to identify dealers registered Under VAT. This TIN number registration is the must for Manufacturer, Traders, Exporters or Dealers.
VAT Stands for value-added tax, and the VAT TIN is an identifier used in many countries for value added tax imposed only on goods sold within a particular state. VAT/CST Registration is necessary for the business of selling products offline and online in India.
3: Starting To Sell On Flipkart
Once you have completed all the formalities of Flipkart seller account registration, you can list your products to sell on Flipkart.These following simple steps are here to help you sell your products on Flipkart.
How To List your Product In Flipkart
The first and the most important step is listing. Where you should provide the relevant information about the brand that you want to sell. The description you provide should be professional and accurate to help the buyer buy your products.
Follow The Procedure To List Your Product
- You should first log in to the seller portal.
- Click the “Listing Tab” where you have to list your products one by one.
- Click the “Add listing in bulk” these you can upload the details about your new product.
- A catalog file will be provided to you when you choose “Add listing on bulk” The file will appear like and excel sheet, where you can provide your detailed description of your product.
- The last step in listing is to check the quality of the product. So you should upload the required file in the portal.
- Then they will check your product. Once checking is complete, they will notify you if there are any errors that need to be corrected. If all the entries are perfect, then they will mark the file as approved.
- While taking the photo of your product. Please take the help of professional photographs, because the photos should be crystal clear. The photo you provide could be the deciding factor if the viewer wants to buy your product.
Updating Price And Stock Count Of Your Listing
- To update your product’s price and stock numbers go to “My Listing” tab, which is found on the “Listing” tab.
- After you are done updating all the details, the tab will become active. Which means your products are ready to be sold.
- Before selling your products, You must make sure that you have uploaded all the required document, which you have missed earlier for Ex: address proof Pan, ID proof, etc.. All your details should also be verified.
Fulfilling Orders/ Order Management
The Order Management just involves receiving new orders and selling your product to their destination.
This includes the following steps:
- Check how many buyers are placing the new order for your product.
- Then get confirmation of the order from the buyer.
- Next, You must pack the order which includes packing your product and labeling it neatly with the required details like name of the buyer address, etc… The packing done by you should be neat and perfect.
- Keep your packed product ready for Dispatching.
- Highlight the icon “Ready To Dispatch” to inform the seller portal that the order is available.
- The last thing you need to do is keep track of the orders till they are delivered to the buyer.
If the customer is not satisfied with the Size, Color or Functionality of the product, then he/she can return or exchange the product with the seller within a few days of receiving it.
There are no additional shipping charges for returning the items.
If a product sent to the buyer has been found with an inherent defect, then Flipkart charges shipping free from the seller.
Shipping and Delivery
Flipkart will not charge the seller for listing a product.Shipping charges defer/change depending on the weight and dimension of the product and the distance of the delivery.The product will usually be delivered within 5 to 7 working day unless specified otherwise.
Flipkart will deduct(Take from the seller) some percentage of commission for promoting your product which you have sold. The Commission Percentage will range from 2.5% to 25%.
For any further assistance comment down below.