IN THIS ARTICLE WE DISCUSS THE CAUSES, TYPES, AND TREATMENTS OF FOLLICULITIS.
Working under the gazing heat of the sun, our body gets exposed to a number of harmful elements that causes various adverse effects on our body out of which skin disorder is the most common one. These harmful bacteria get an easy site on our skin and cause numerous problems to it which includes the red bumps bulging out of the skin causing itching and rashes. Folliculitis is the most common type of skin disorder that every single individual suffers from irrespective of the age.
CAUSES OF FOLLICULITIS
There are a number of reasons that pave way for the harmful bacteria homing our body. However, some of the major causes of folliculitis include: –
- For having a bath in the proper water there must be a balance between the pH and the amount of chlorine present in it. Taking bath in the hot tubs or the swimming pools in which the amount of chlorine and pH are not properly regulated leads to folliculitis.
- This is a common seeing that wearing tight clothes also lead to folliculitis. These tight clothes block the movement of fresh air into our body thus blocking the follicles.
- If you have any cut or injury on your body then there is a chance that you may suffer from folliculitis.
- Today the makeup creams which are being manufactured on the market contain harmful chemicals that not only causes the red impression on the skin but also the burning sensation which further elongates our problem.
- Sometimes the problem may also arise due to shaving.
Also read, There’s Nothing Wrong With Those Of Us Who Want To Color Our Gray Hair
TYPES OF FOLLICULITIS
As the name suggests it is caused when the hair follicles are infected by bacteria. These bacteria cause itching and burning sensation which further leads to rashes. Staph bacteria is most responsible for this type of folliculitis which lives on our skin all the time paving a way to this problem.
HOT TUB FOLLICULITIS
- This type of folliculitis arises in our body when we take bath in warm water or in the water where the amount of chlorine and pH are not properly regulated.
- This type of folliculitis generally occurs in men which are caused due to the ingrown hairs.
- This type of folliculitis is caused by yeast infection which causes irritation on the back part of the chest and sometimes on the neck and shoulder.
It is caused by the fungi generally on the face and lower part of the legs. They multiply in number and thus causes serious damages to our skin.
As the name suggests, this type of folliculitis is caused by virus generally on the lower part of the lips.
DRUGS CAUSE FOLLICULITIS
Sometimes the uneven consumption of some specific drug also leads to the cause of folliculitis.
TREATMENT OF FOLLICULITIS
Applying the antibacterial and antifungal creams in the affected area. But before taking any of the creams you must take advice from the doctor as sometimes instead of curing the problem, they pave way for a number of problems.
Sometimes if the folliculitis is not being cured by the natural homemade remedies then you can also undergo a minor surgery which will remove it from its root base.
3. USING MILD SOAP
Today in the market soaps are being manufactured with heavy doses of chemicals that cause an adverse effect on the skin. These chemicals go deeper into the epithelial tissues and cause itching. Therefore while taking bath one must use a mild soap to avoid incoming of any danger.
4. LASER HAIR TREATMENT
The primary cause of folliculitis is the uneven growth of hair on the skin and so this process is one of the best methods to cure folliculitis. However, the problems with this method are its cost and the number of processes which has to be carried out for the treatment.
Also read, EVERYTHING YOU NEED TO KNOW ABOUT HAIR PROSTHESIS 2018(Updated)
NATURAL HOMEMADE REMEDIES
Applying the warm compress to the affected area reduces folliculitis. Warm compress increases the circulation which helps in the healing process. Take a cloth and warm it to the extent you want. Then apply the cloth on the affected area and press it for some time. Regularly doing this treatment removes folliculitis from its root base.
2. COLLOIDAL SILVER
It is best effective in fighting against the harmful bacteria and fungi. Apply 2-3 drops of colloidal silver on the affected area and cover it with a bandage for the better treatment process. You can also take the colloidal silver orally. Mix 2-3 drops of it into the water and drink it in the empty stomach. Apply this method for a month and feel the difference.
3. AFRICAN BLACK SOAP
This black soap contains healing ingredients that help in fighting against the harmful bacteria. These healing ingredients go deeper into the epithelial tissue and make the layer stronger enough for folliculitis. If you have folliculitis on your scalp, you can also use it as shampoo.
From the prehistoric times, Neem has been used as a perfect medical tool for the treatment of many problems. It contains essential ingredients that help in fighting against the harmful bacteria and fungi causing folliculitis. Prepare the paste with Neem leaves, apply it on the affected area and then leave it for some time. Remove the paste and wash that area with cold water. Apply this method for a month and feel the difference.
Garlic contains sulphur which helps in fighting against numerous skin disorder. However, care must be taken before applying garlic on the skin as its heavy doses can burn the skin.
This plant contains inflammatory properties that reduce the burning sensation of the skin. It is taken orally along with water which helps in fighting against the harmful bacteria.
7. ALOE VERA
Aloe vera has anti-microbial, inflammatory and anti-bacterial properties that help in curing folliculitis. Take the aloe vera leaves, extract gel from it and apply it on the affected area. Repeat this procedure three times a day and feel the difference. The gel goes deeper inside the epithelial tissue and reduces the pain and swelling.