No matter who you are, who hasn’t contemplated using an online dating website or app?
Tinder is, without a doubt, one of the most popular dating apps in the whole world. In 2014, it was reported that Tinder had more than 1 billion swipes per day!
Initially advertised as, “a chance to meet people you wouldn’t normally meet”, Tinder has rapidly changed the whole structure of the dating world.
However, there is an increasing number of people who would rather not have their whole dating life broadcast across Facebook; which is quite understandable.
No one wants their mother or everyone at their workplace to know that they are using Tinder, right?
So, is there a way to login to Tinder without using any Facebook account? Well, the answer is Yes!
While there are a ton of websites online that claim that it is possible to use Tinder without a Facebook account, there is only ONE TRUE WAY to use Tinder without a Facebook account.
Not many know how to use this hidden answer and bypass the privacy considerations of using Tinder without a Facebook account.
Want to know more? Continue reading to find out how to access Tinder without a Facebook account and how to use a Facebook account to access Tinder without shoving your privacy down the drain.
WHAT IS TINDER?
Tinder was founded by Sean Rad, Jonathan Badeen, Justin Mateen, Joe Munoz, Dinesh Moorjani, and Whitney Wolfe. Whitney Wolfe later left Tinder and started her own dating app called Bumble.
The core idea behind the app is the fact that no matter who you are, you feel more comfortable approaching somebody if you know that they want you to approach them as well.
Sean Rad has also said that Tinder filled a gap for social sites to meet strangers, instead of connecting with people you already know.
When you create an account on Tinder, a card with your name, pictures and bio is shown to all your prospective matches.
Similarly, you are shown cards of the people around you who are also on Tinder. You can check out their name, age, bio and pictures.
Now, you can either show interest in the other person by liking their tinder profile or express disinterest. This ‘like’ is expressed by swiping right on the person’s photo while swiping left signifies your disinterest.
When you look at someone’s card, you are not shown whether they have swiped right or left on your card.
Other Tinder users are also swiping either left or right on your card if they are interested or disinterested respectively. As long as two individuals mutually ‘like’ each other, they are considered a match and can then chat within the app.
You are given a limited number of swipes in a day.
The users that you are shown depend on factors that are decided by you. You can set a range for the age and distance from your location. You can also select which genders are shown to you.
This swiping feature has been pioneered by Tinder and is currently used across a cast variety of applications and devices.
There is also a feature for Super Swipe. A super swipe is when you swipe vertically upwards instead of right or left.
When you super swipe on a person, they will be shown that they have been super liked by you, when they see your card. This improves your chances of getting a right swipe. You can also superlike once a day.
So, this is how Tinder basically functions.
WHY DOES TINDER WANT TO USE YOUR FACEBOOK ACCOUNT?
Having understood the functioning of Tinder, you might then question, “Why does Tinder want to use my Facebook account?”.
Well, there is a reason behind why you need to use your Facebook account to login to Tinder.
If you use Facebook to access Tinder, the app is then able to build your user profile with photos that you have already uploaded on Facebook. Furthermore, Tinder uses your basic info such as your age, geographical location, number of mutual friends and common interests to create your social graph.
The other reason why Tinder uses your Facebook account to sign up is to reduce the number of scammers and cat-fishers. Forcing everyone to use their real Facebook account, additionally, makes it easier to find out the real people from the fake profiles on Tinder.
SO, WHY IS USING TINDER WITHOUT FACEBOOK AN OPTION?
Even before the issues of Cambridge Analytica, there have been users who have expressed concerns for their digital security.
- There are some things in life that should be private. Dating is a personal choice and as such, no-one wants their dating life to be open to the public. However, linking your Facebook account with Tinder does exactly that! Tinder grabs your buddy list, your profile pictures, and other personal information via Facebook, and this information is made public. If you are conscious of your digital security, you will not want this information to be made public. As a result, this is the primary reason why most people want to unlink their Tinder accounts from their Facebook account.
- Another reason why you might want to unlink your Tinder from your Facebook account is the fact that Tinder automatically picks up the photos that you have shared on Facebook. Tinder doesn’t care if your photos are set to private, whether you want a particular photo to be picked up or not; it automatically picks up all newly added photos. This lack of freedom is another reason why most people want to unlink their Tinder account from their Facebook account.
- Facebook is primarily known to be a social site. This means you will have childhood pictures or jokes (even inappropriate ones) uploaded. You will lose your privacy to these when you link your Facebook account with Tinder. All will be available for easy viewing on your Tinder profile.
- The most pressing matter that requires your attention when you link your Facebook account with Tinder is the fact that you have no control over who is able to view your Tinder profile. Additionally, these unknown people will be able to view your pictures, take a screenshot, distribute and share them as they like. This is the biggest reason to unlink your Tinder account from your Facebook account.
Also read, Best ways to get a girlfriend in 2018
HOW TO ACTUALLY USE TINDER WITHOUT FACEBOOK
As of now, there is only ONE TRUE WAY to use Tinder without linking your Facebook account.
That is to sign up for Tinder with your phone number. You will need to verify your phone number with an OTP and manually input all required information and picture. You will then be able to access Tinder without using your Facebook account.
So, there you go. You have the answer to how to use Tinder without a Facebook Account. However, note that you will have to verify your Tinder account with an SMS OTP every time you login.
If you are looking for alternative ways to use Tinder such that your Facebook account is used but the data that is shared with Tinder is limited, then there are some simple tips and hacks to accomplish that as well.
a. Creating a Facebook Clone account
One of the ways to have an account on Tinder linked to your Facebook account, without having it expose your dating life to all your Facebook friends is to create a clone account.
Remember that this account, will NOT be a FAKE account. The account that is created will simply be a clone of your account. This helps separate your Tinder life from your Facebook life.
You will also find it easier to distinguish the notifications between the two accounts.
To create a clone Facebook account, follow the steps mentioned below.
1. First of all, open the Facebook app and create a new Facebook account.
2. Fill all your personal information which you want to show on your Tinder account.
3. Go to the Tinder app and then click on the setting option which is on the left side of your screen and then log out from your previous Tinder account.
4. After logging out, now login to the Tinder app with your new Facebook Clone account.
5. Finally, you have your own Tinder Profile that has access to only the information that you have deemed to be acceptable. This way, you have control over the personal data that you want public via Tinder and the personal data that you do not want Tinder to have access to.
b. Increasing Privacy Level on your Facebook Account
Another way to use your Facebook account to login to Tinder, yet not have all your personal information be made public knowledge is to increase the privacy level of your Facebook account.
This way, undesirable Tinder users will not have access to your personal information and photos.
Here are some easy steps so that you can easily increase your privacy level.
1. First of all, open your Facebook account either from your PC or smartphone.
2. Now click on the lock icon which are the three vertical lines on the right corner of the screen.
3. Then click on SEE MORE SETTINGS and then click on apps. This will show all apps that are currently linked with your Facebook account.
4. Now, find Tinder from the listed applications. Upon clicking the edit icon, you will be able to change the visibility settings for Tinder.
5. Change the visibility from public to private (ONLY ME) and you are done. It is as simple as that!
After following the steps mentioned above, Tinder will no longer make your dating life public knowledge. So go and enjoy your private Date.
Also, read: AndroDumpper- Why & How to get?
IMPROVING GENERAL FACEBOOK PRIVACY AND SECURITY
There is no doubt that with the onset of the 21st century and the digitization of everything, maintaining digital security has become a necessity for everyone. However, there is still a huge gap in the general knowledge of the masses regarding Digital Privacy and Security.
I do not have to elaborate on the backlash that Facebook has recently faced due to their overall lack of security. There have been campaigns going on to “DELETE FACEBOOK”. The recent changes in digital law policies across Europe only go to show how vulnerable we truly are.
So, read the following instructions on how to improve your overall privacy and security settings for your Facebook account.
- The first thing you want to do is go to this link Facebook Privacy Settings and Tools. Change all your settings to the ones shown below. Take special note of the setting highlighted in the green box. This disables search engines from linking your Facebook profile in their search results.
- Now, change the setting of people who can see your friends list and the people you follow to “Only Me” or just your “Friends”. This ensures that no random strangers have access to your friends list.
- The last thing you want to do is open your Facebook profile and go to the settings and locate APPS. Here you can change the privacy of the Tinder app to “Only Me” so no one in your friend list can know if you are using it.
If you are still confused about whether you can use Tinder without a Facebook account, the answer is YES & NO.
Yes, because you can actually create a Tinder profile using your mobile phone number.
No, because, even though you are using your mobile phone number to create a Tinder profile, the overall concept of linking accounts will still be the same. Instead of a Facebook account, you will be using your cell phone number.
Additionally, we have also shared various tips and tricks that you can use to link your Facebook account with your Tinder profile such that the amount of personal data that Tinder has access to is severely limited.
You can check them out above.
You can further, create a Facebook Clone account and use it exclusively for your Tinder profile. This separates the two different apps and prevents the cross-over of personal data.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Q1. WHAT DOES THE TINDER APP’S ICON REPRESENT?
Well, if you have used Tinder, you will notice that there are two interesting Logo/Icons.
Firstly, the flame logo of Tinder, as well as the word Tinder itself, represents starting a fire. This can be interpreted as starting a spark of attraction between two prospective lovers. This is basically what Tinder accomplishes and is, without a doubt, one of the appropriate logos for the app.
Secondly, you might have noticed a book icon in Tinder. As mentioned above, Tinder uses Facebook to access pages that you have liked. Tinder uses this information to find compatible matches and when you click the book icon; you will be able to see the common interests and likes that both of you have shared online.
Q2. WHAT ARE SOME OF THE BEST DATING APPS APART FROM TINDER?
One of the great things about the Internet is how it has offered us thousands upon thousands of choices in all spheres of life. While this may be considered a boon (because you can choose the best option according to your needs) or a curse (too many choices makes it difficult to choose one), and the same can be applied to dating apps.
Learn more about the best dating apps in 2021 here
Q3. HOW TO GET A GIRLFRIEND ON TINDER?
There is no shortcut or secret potion that helps you find your “dream girlfriend” on Tinder.
The best advice that we give you is to make sure that your Tinder profile paves the way for a great relationship by putting information that you believe your “dream girlfriend” would be interested in. You can further, link your Facebook account with your Tinder profile, however, beware of scammers and cat-fishers.
Put up a high-quality picture that looks friendly but stands out from any regular picture. Go for the WOW factor!
Q4. WHAT IS TINDER PLUS AND TINDER GOLD?
Tinder Plus and Tinder Gold are subscriptions that you can add on the Tinder app itself.
With Tinder Plus, you have access to features such as Unlimited Likes in a day, Passport to interact with singles from all over the world, Rewind so you can revoke an accidental swipe, one Boost a month to be one of the top profiles in your area for 30 minutes, and additional Super Likes to improve your chances of getting more matches.
With Tinder Gold, you get the additional feature of Likes You, which lets you see who likes you before you swipe. You can think of it as your personal collection of right swipers so you know about each interested user without having to sift through the non-interested ones.