The Best 2017 WhatsApp tricks that you didn’t know about!
WhatsApp is the mobile messaging app that is popularly used by millions of people all around the world. It can be used as a social media or it can be used for work. This article lists a number of Whatsapp tricks 2017 that you may not know about. These are few hidden hacks of Whatsapp will surely make it convenient for you.
Turn off the Blue Ticks or Check Marks:
Sometimes you may want to read a message without the sender knowing that you read it. This WhatsApp trick will let you do that in just a few steps. There are two ways to go about it.
- Open WhatsApp and go to Settings.
- Select Account and go to Privacy.
- In the lower end, check off “Read receipts”.
On doing this, the blue ticks feature will be disabled. However, you won’t get to know if others read your message as well. But there is another awesome trick to know that as well. Read on to find out.
- Don’t open a message when you receive it.
- Turn on Flight Mode. It blocks Wi-Fi and mobile data.
- Now open WhatsApp and read the message.The blue ticks won’t be displayed.
Change Your Font:
You can now change the font of your WhatsApp messages by this Whatsapp tricks for android. Put your message between “`” and your message will appear in typewriter font. For instance, ` ` ` Welcome! ` ` ` should come in typewriter font.
Also get known about Snapchat Tricks.
Lock Your WhatsApp:
Every now and then you may have wanted to lock your WhatsApp to prevent your siblings or friends from reading your private messages. Well, this trick will surely be of your aid. The apps mentioned below work in a similar way. Your WhatsApp will be pin or password protected.
- For Android users, you can download the app WhatsApp Lock or AppLock.
- BlackBerry users can use Lock for WhatsApp app.
- For iOS users, you can download iAppLock.
Broadcast Your One-Time Written Message To All Your Contacts:
On the top left of your WhatsApp Chats screen, you’ll find “Broadcast Lists”. This feature allows you to send the same message to all your contacts. The best part is, your contacts won’t know that you’ve sent the same message to the others. It works like “Bcc” in emails. To do this:
- Go to Chats.
- Then go to Broadcast Lists and then to New List.
- Add contacts and type your message.
- Tap Send.
Hide “Last Seen”:
It may be a little troublesome at times when people see your “last seen” time and you have not yet replied to that person. You can hide the “last seen” information. Simply follow the given steps:
- Open WhatsApp and go to Settings.
- Select Chat Settings.
- Go to Advanced.
- Check off the Last Seen option.
Make Your Texts Bold, Italics, and
To make your expressions clearer, you may want to format your texts on WhatsApp. Learn how can do so by going through the following steps. Format your texts using these WhatsApp hidden tricks.
- For making your text bold, type *Hello*
- For making your text italics, type _Hello_
- For making your text strikethrough, type ~Hello~
Do you know there are several facebook tricks which you don’t know?
Backup Your WhatsApp Conversations:
If you deleted a conversation by mistake and want it back, this WhatsApp trick will do the job for you. With this trick, you can also backup your conversations.
- For Android users, go to Settings> Chat Settings
- Tap on Backup conversations.
- For iOS users, go to Settings > Chat settings.
- Then click on Chat Backup and tap Backup Now.
For restoring your chats, you need to uninstall WhatsApp. Then reinstall WhatsApp. When you reinstall, you’ll come across an option where you’ll have to tap the option to restore chats. Then your past conversations will be restored.
Find Out Who You Converse The Most With:
With this WhatsApp trick, you can find out whom you talk to the most.
- For iOS devices,
- Go to Settings
- Select Account Go to Storage Usage
You will find a list of people and groups with whom you are having conversations in the present and the number of interactions is also listed.
To know on whom you’ve spent the maximum amount of data, click on “Size” at the bottom right of the screen.
Also get known about Instagram Tricks.
Know and Reduce The Data WhatsApp Uses:
- Go to WhatsApp and then go to Settings.
- Select Data Usage
- Select Network Usage
In the Data Usage menu, you can control the amount of data that WhatsApp uses when your phone is connected to Wi-Fi. You can check off auto-download options of images, documents, audio and video.
You can select Low Data Usage mode as well. That limits the amount of data used by WhatsApp calls.
Create Shortcuts To Your Favourite Contacts:
In times of hurry, you may want to click on your contact’s name and make a call or send a text immediately without having to go through several steps starting from opening WhatsApp. This WhatsApp trick will let you do just the thing you need.
For Android users,
- Go to the contact of whom you want to create a shortcut.
- Long press on the contact and click on Add Chat Shortcut.
- For making a shortcut of a group, select Add Chat Shortcut.
However, for iOS, this feature is not available. But a third party app like 1TapWA can be used on iPhones. With this app some extra features are also provided.
Mute Conversations and Groups:
Sometimes you may feel a little annoyed with the many notifications that you keep receiving for conversations between your friends in a group. You may also want to must a particular conversation when you are at work. Do not be worried because this WhatsApp trick will help you do that.
- Go to WhatsApp.
- Select the contact name or the group you want to mute the conversations of. Then select the Mute option beside settings that looks like a speaker.
- Select any of the options which are 8 hours, 1 week or 1 year.
- If you want to disable the mute option, simply follow the first two steps and click “Show Notifications”.
Prevent WhatsApp Images From Appearing in Your Gallery or Camera Roll:
It can be a little irritating when WhatsApp images appear in the gallery or camera roll. There may be private images that you don’t want to be seen by anyone or you may want to clear up the gallery section a little. Thankfully there’s a way to do this.
- For iOS phones, go to Settings.
- Select Privacy and then select Photos
- Turn off the WhatsApp switch
For Android Phones,
- You need a file explorer like ES file Explorer.
- Go to the images or videos folder and tap the New button
- Select File and create a new file named .nomedia. This creates a .nomedia file in the image or video directory of WhatsApp.
Change Your Current Phone Number Used By WhatsApp:
You may have taken a new number or may want to change your WhatsApp phone number. You can do that and the best thing is your contacts and chats will remain the same. There is no need to uninstall then reinstall and add the new phone number. Follow the steps and you’ll know how to do it.
- Go to Settings
- Select Account and then Change Number
- In the Old phone number blank, enter your present number
- In the New phone number blank, enter your new phone number.
- Press Done
- Then verify your new phone number and all your contacts and chats will be restored automatically.
Share All Kinds of Documents:
This feature of WhatsApp lets you share your documents from Google Drive and iCloud Drive with your WhatsApp contact.
- Select the contact that you want to send the document to.
- Select the upwards arrow which is one the left of the text window
- Select Share document.
- Now select where you want to share the document from, i.e., iCloud Drive or Google Drive.
Install WhatsApp On Your Android Tablet:
WhatsApp is much required these days and it is a media to exchange documents and important files even for work. You may want it on your Android Tablet as well. But there are no options for that. Luckily, this trick will tell you how to run WhatsApp on your Android Tablet.
- Download the latest version of WhatsApp.apk
- Go to the official site with Google Chrome or Firefox
- Request for the desktop version
- Download the .apk file directly on your tablet.
- Then download SRT AppGuard. Install both the downloaded files.
- Run the AppGuard app and select WhatsApp from the Dashboard and select Monitor.
- The scroll down, go to Phone calls and disable the read phone status and identity option.
- Now activate your WhatsApp by verifying it through your landline or go for the call verification step.
Add Event Dates Directly To Your iOS Phone Calendar:
The feature is available only for iOS phones. If you write a date or a time of activity in a WhatsApp chat then that will appear in blue and it will be underlined. On clicking the hyperlink, you’ll be directed to the option of creating an event in your phone’s calendar.
Use WhatsApp On Your Desktop:
This is a trick of WhatsApp that is very convenient. Suppose you have a file on your computer and you want to send it to your WhatsApp contact. You may want to send it directly to your computer and not transfer it to the phone and then send it. This trick will let you do the same.
- Go to https://web.whatsapp.com/ on your desktop.
- Open your WhatsApp on the phone and select Settings.
- Click on WhatsApp web and scan the QR code shown on the computer screen
- You have access to WhatsApp from your computer now. To logout, go to Settings and click Log Out.
Transfer Files Between Your Computer And Phone:
Apart from using the USB and Bluetooth, you can now send files to your computer from your phone or in the other way round. Simply follow the steps.
- Create a group on your phone’s WhatsApp. Do not add any members.
- Connect your phone to WhatsApp web using the trick number 17.
- Send a file from your computer or your phone in the group.
- Your phone or your computer should receive it. Save the file then.
Receive Your WhatsApp Notifications On Your Desktop:
- Install Desktop Notifications on the Android phone.
- Install Chrome or Firefox extensions
- Link the browser extension with the app by using the code
- You will now be able to receive WhatsApp notifications on your desktop.
Send The Secret Big Heart Symbol:
This a special feature that goes unnoticed in WhatsApp. This symbol animates, giving a special effect. Go to a chat box and select a red heart emoji. Hit send and you will see the giant red heart which appears to be beating.
However, you cannot send this emoji with any other emoji.
Create WhatsApp Chat Heads On Your Android Phone:
Chat heads are popular with other messaging media. However, you can do so even with WhatsApp. To know how, continue reading. To have WhatsApp chat heads in your Android hones, download the app WhatsApp Chat Heads. This app will create chat heads for your conversations and a nice feature about this is that, it is customizable.
- You can change the colours from the range of specific LED colours.
- You can customise the notification sounds.
- You can put a specific colour for the chat head of each of your contacts.